Conquer The Rapids In The Rockies! The Most Thrilling River Rafting in Golden, British Columbia.
Kicking Horse Rafting are an experience like no other! This tour is a fun-filled day of soaking waves on world-class white water rapids west of Banff in the Rocky Mountains.
You’ll cover a distance of 20km and head downstream on a variety of class 2,3, and 4 whitewater spectacular landscapes featuring vast icefields, gorges, cliffs, and mountains towering amongst the highest in the Canadian Rockies.In between the focus paddling time and calm waters, look out for wildlife! The “goat rapid” was nicknamed for the mountain goats that can be seen leaping up the canyon walls near this rapid.
The Canyons & Famous Rapids
Your Kicking Horse River rafting trip will start in the super scenic Upper Canyon to ease into your ride with fun and splashy sections.
The Middle Canyon is 12km of exciting whitewater rafting and continuous rapids, and it’s what the Kicking Horse is known for! The canyon narrows, the waves build, and we enter rapids like ManEater and Roller Coaster rapids. The Shot Gun and Portage stretch of rapids is a class 4 and are favourites named after the 1970 landslide that allows paddlers to run the rapid instead of having to portage around it. Book your tour today!
A Special River
In 1986, the Kicking Horse River was recognized as a Canadian Heritage River for its history, culture, and recreational value and honored as one of the three rivers of the thousands of rivers in British Columbia.
The Kicking Horse River Rafting Summary
- You’ll meet at the river base, get suited up, and get comfortable with the raft, paddles, and the guide’s commands.
- Predominantly class 4 with several larger class 4 rapids, as well as 1, 2, and 3 rapids along the way.
- This river runs on snowmelt, and water levels can change at different times of the season, and environmental changes can lower the rapid class.
- Intensity Level: moderate to difficult
Check out the Whitewater Rafting Rapids Classification Guide, to learn more about the rapid classes.
- All riders must be a minimum of 12 years of age
View the Kicking Horse River Rafting Trip in the video below:
The best parts of the tour for most people include the following:
2 action-packed hours on the river
Everything is provided!
The relaxing river base!
The Kicking Horse river base is fully equipped with on-site facilities such as private washrooms, change rooms and outdoor showers.
The tour is run by Hydra River Guides, our preferred partner, who have been rafting the Kicking Horse River for over 30 years. With time comes experience and Hydra prides itself on its qualified staff and impressive safety record. Each year they refine our trips, organization and guest experience.
- The minimum age is 12 years and the minimum weight per person is 90 lbs.
- The maximum weight per person is 350 lbs.
- Every guest needs to sign a waiver form. Parents will co-sign for children under 18 years of age.
- Please note that the Kicking Horse is a glacier fed river and water levels fluctuate. As the season progresses, the rapids can change from Class 4 to Class 3.
- Photo ID may be required for identity verification.
- Please note that this tour requires a minimum of 12 participants, please call the day prior to confirm the tour.